I am a private person. Putting together this blog is kinda a big deal for me. Being able to blog when and what I want about my pregnancy, is very satisfying. I have had many pregnancies and as soon as I tell people, I feel instantly awkward and exposed. People no longer talk to me, they talk to pregnant-me. And what they say to me can be rude, obnoxious, and plain irritating.These people are usually not coming from the same place I am, in regards to family size, pregnancy, and birth. So, I get a lot of unwanted advice and opinions. I hear the comment: "You know how this (my pregnancy) happens, right?" ALL the time. I also hear about the size of my belly, A LOT. My age seems to be a topic some like to bring up. (Rude, right?) I am a pastor's wife and by nature, I am treated like public property. No one seems to realize that I am an introvert and I do not appreciate being stopped by 50+ people every Sunday so they can touch my belly, tell me I look huge, and question my gestation status. One person may initiate one conversation and not realize they are overwhelming me, but I am forced to endure one conversation with multiple people and it is pure torture for me. Lately, I am avoiding going to church and it feels right. I am just delaying these conversations and I am hoping to do so for another month or so.
No comments:
Post a Comment