This is my joyful journey of life in the White House. There is never a dull moment in my life as a wife of twenty years, a mother of seven children, a homescholling family, and a partner in ministry.
Sunday, May 12, 2013
Happy Mother's Day
I never get breakfast in bed, but I sure do get a lot of love showered on me. I'd rather have their love & homemade gifts and cards than burnt toast, sour orange juice and rubbery eggs anyway. My husband is a pastor, so Sunday will never be a proper Mother's Day, so we usually do something special on Saturday instead. We drove 45 minutes to the only decent mall and spent several hours having a blast. We went to our favorite place first: the bookstore. I bought two of my favorite children's board books: "The Little Mouse, The Red Ripe Strawberry, and The Big Hungry Bear," and "Goodnight, Gorilla." We read those two books so much over the years, they literally fell apart. I always wanted to replace them, so I did! Brianna, my teenager, was reminiscing the days when I would read "goodnight, Gorilla" to her. She said she could hear my voice when she read the book. It was one her all-time favorite books. Now, my other little ones will enjoy it, too! After the bookstore, we visited the toy store. Michael loves balls, so I pulled out bouncy balls for him to play with. Then, I had to take Zoey to the bathroom, which of course was all the way to the other side of the mall. That was just fine, because I got to walk hand-in-hand with one of my favorite people and talk! After having a fun trip to the toy store and purchasing a deck of cards, we decided to go on a Merry-Go-Round ride. Emily was my buddy and she was a bit nervous, but I calmed her down and she had a blast. After the fun ride, we went to the overcrowded play area where Michael, Zoey, and Emily got to run around and try to avoid being knocked over by boisterous little boys. Brianna, Paul, and Summer played a game of cards while the little played. (I knew they would need something fun to do, and I was a genius!) Chris found a Vietnamese Restaurant on his phone, so we packed up the kids and headed out. The Restaurant was great! We love Pho and it was a treat, indeed! It was a fun and special day. I love adventures the most with my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment