Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankfulness in pain

Is ALL of our life's experiences for God's Glory?

Is there nothing that God cannot use? What about the trials we encounter? Or the sin we commit? Am I to believe that I can bring God glory and honor from the darkest part of my life? Even when everything hurts and feels so wrong?

When I pray for help, I feel hopeless and far from God's will. So I beg, and beg, and beg; and nothing ever changes. I read my bible and I focus on the verses that I believe will allow me to "work" my way out of my suffering. Of course, that never works, either. What if I haven't been asking for help, at all? What if I am reading the bible for my own benefit, and not to love God? Perhaps, all along, my real prayer was a confession of my unwillingness to trust and not submit to His plan for my life? Without real, genuine faith, how can expect God to listen and reveal himself to me?

Jesus' work wasn't useless. Although he healed the sick and raised people from the dead, many people didn't feel like He wasn't the genuine Savior. He was believed to be a lunatic and was tortured and nailed on a cross. But, his "uselessness" for this world brought forth our ultimate forgiveness and redemption. His pain and suffering was all for God's glory.

I am listening, God. My eyes are open. I rejoice in your everlasting love and constant care. I see now, that my life was always in your care. I don't need to try to change my circumstances. I need to change my perspective. I leave my life in your hands.

Full of thanksgiving...

No comments:

Post a Comment