Tuesday, August 20, 2013

19 Weeks

I thought it would be fun to do a pregnancy questionaire.

How Far Along: 18 weeks 6 days

Total Weight Gained: 20 pounds. I don't weigh myself and only get on the scale at the OB's appointments. I always hate the large numbers and it bothers me, but there is nothing I can change about it. I am going to gain a lot. I always do. I have GD and no matter what I do, I will blow up like a balloon and get all fat and squishy. Then, I start to lose it once the baby comes and life goes back to normal. As long as baby and my vitals are all good (blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugars, movement, growth of baby, etc) than it's all Ok with me with what I gain or don't.

Maternity Clothes: I have a very pathetic wardrobe. My body size has changed dramatically and so quickly that all of my previous maternity clothes do not fit. I also have removed anything in my closet that has one stitch of polyester/nylon/etc on it. I can only wear cotton, nothing heavy or tight, near my neck, or long sleeved. My favorite outfit is my maternity skirts from Target (which are not cotton, but I can live with it since they are very comfy and light weight), cotton tank tops, and flip flops! I bought some new cotton nursing bras that I like, but I really do prefer to go braless if I can. I shop at thrift stores and the selection is not very good, but I did find about a half a dozen shirts, two shorts, two exercise spandex shorts for exercising, and two cotton pants for lounging. I do not own any pants that I can go out in public with.

Sleep: Pretty good. I don't get up to pee any longer. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, but I typically go right back to bed. If I wake up very early in the morning I cannot go back to bed, though.

General Feeling: I can't breathe normal any longer. My uterus is officially pushing into my diaphragm and I am constantly lacking the deep breathing that I am used too. It is a terrible feeling and utterly out of my control. It makes it hard for me to function. I also can't bend over comfortably. If I drop anything, it stays there until I get a kid to pick it up. I drink a ton of water since I always feel thirsty. My hems are still around but only bother me after a bm. Tux hem cream works wonders. I still hate smells and still shower a lot.

Best Moment of the Week: Feeling the baby kick!

Movement: This morning after I woke up and was lying in bed I felt a nice kick at the very top of my uterus, which is right at my ribs. Last night I had a kick at the very bottom of my uterus. So, baby must have flipped. Too cute!

Food Craving: My soup craving is all over. So is my salad cravings. I don't have any cravings at the moment. I am back to one cup of coffee a day, though. I was super addicted to popcorn I bought at a christian concert fair we went to two weeks ago. I ate a bag or two a day, for four straight days. I stopped craving that as soon as the concert was over, though.

Food Aversions: I don't have a real strong desires for any specific foods lately. I eat what we have and kinda always feel underwhelmed and unsatisfied.

Gender: No clue.

Labor Signs: Nope, but lots of uterus and ligament stretching. I double over on those sometimes.

Belly Button: I have in inny, but my previous pregnancies created a belly button hernia, so it is always bugging me. I am constantly pushing it back into place. Gross and painful at times.

Stretch Marks: Most definitely! The tummy ones are very bright red now.

Wedding Ring: Took mine off during my first trimester.

Exercise: Nope

What I Miss: Running. I am a runner and it is something that defines who I am. Not being able to run is pure torture. I can barely walk, too. I stopped all exercise last week since I suffered with so much pain and fatigue.

What I'm Looking Forward To: My ultrasound in three weeks. Chris will be with me and we will find out the gender. I can't wait. I also want to see if they missed a twin. I have a strong feeling that I am carrying two, so I am secretly hoping they find a second baby.

Other NEW News This Week: The fence my husband built is complete, so my entire front and back yard is secure. I can now rest a little more knowing I have added security for my children.

Weekly Wisdom: Training a toddler is essential and should never be ignored.

Favorite Item Bought This Week: My eldest daughter heard me say I wanted a coke. So, she jumped on her bike and bought me a soda fountain diet coke at the nearest gas station. LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment