Friday, May 28, 2010

My Day Out

Yesterday was my "day out." After dropping Chris off at church, I headed to Brianna's school to bring her something she forgot. Lucky for her that I wanted to drive all over town today! After visiting with Brianna and her classmates for a while, I decided to surprise Chris at church and bring him lunch so he can eat with the girls and I. Emily was typically talkative. She was trying to make new friends with a sweet older gentleman. She excitedly informed him that she had a "boo-boo." Well, he mistook her for saying, "I have a poo-poo." He was wondering why she was lifting her knee towards him? I wonder what he expected her to lift towards him instead? I digress... Anyway, when I politely informed him that she did not have a "poo poo," rather she wanted him to notice her scraped knee, aka: "boo boo," he laughed and laughed, and tried not to choke on his lunch. Ahhh, Emily. :)

We went home for Emily's nap. I decidedly chose to not do any chores and instead, updated our financial spreadsheets. Soon I was off again to pick up the other kiddos from school. We went straight to the library from there. We had exactly one hour before closing. Summer found a over sized princess embellished with jewels.  Emily found a Dora book which she clutched onto. Paul found a half a dozen Star Wars books. Brianna collected a variety of books. I grabbed a bunch of easy reading books to read out loud to Summer and Emily. I also picked out a few children's literature for myself. (I LOVE children's literature, by the way!) Before closing, we dashed downstairs to the adult section to pick up a book I placed on hold. It was good to be in the library once again. Lots of fun! In case you are wondering, my children are super wonderful at the library. They are respectful, quiet (Emily is a bit loud time to time, but she is corrected well), and a joy to the patrons and staff. The librarians LOVE my kids. They always comment on how kind and obedient they are. Trust me, my kids are the exception, not the norm. You know, I will write more about why my children are a joy to be around in another blog entry, but for now I will only say that godly parenting is easy and the rewards are plentiful!

The day ended with a yummy bean soup (Yay for crock pots that can feed your family four straight days!) and chocolate chip ice cream.

On a bummer note, Zoey is sick again. Boo. And Emily looks like she is getting sick too. Time for zinc, vitamin C, and goldenseal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment