Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Flower browsing


I just love my kids. Today I stopped by Walmart to buy Paul's birthday party invitations. We like to call our little shopping excursions, "adventures." On our "adventures" to the store, we like to point out fun things, giggle,  hold hands, and discover excitement down each isle. Like always, today we entered the store through the Nursery entrance. We always like to come into Walmart this way. I guess it is the smell of fertilizers, plants and flowers, the openness, the variety of tools, the sprinklers, the ceramic bunnies and bird baths, grills, and outside lawn and seating sets. It speaks happiness and wonderment. So, today, we spent time admiring all the beautiful flowers, plants, saplings, and vegetables. I gave my children a little time to dash in and out of the rows. They giggle and rush past the rows of growing-treasures playing hide and seek. Then, we slowly walk down each row together, admiring all the different species of plants. "Ooh, smell this flower, mommy!"  "Look at this pretty rose (not really a rose, but that's OK)!" "Let's pretend we are in Alice In Wonderland!" "Blueberry bushes!" "Raspberry bushes!" I show them my favorite flower, alyssum. It is a lovely cluster of tiny white flowers that smell delicious. After lingering there for a little while we finally go tend to our shopping. I decided tomorrow we will come back and pick out our favorite plants to plant in our yard this weekend. I can't wait to surprise them!

No comments:

Post a Comment