Monday, May 3, 2010

Cleaning Windows

I discovered a new love today: cleaning the living room windows! I did not realize how much I took for granted the view through a clean window. Over a period of days, weeks, and months I became accustomed to the accumulating dirt and grime that slowly coated the windows and screens. Then, today, I wiped away all the signs of the dirt and then it hit me. This stupid, mindless chore gave me such an amazing dose of peace! I realized that seeing clearly is intoxicating, beautiful, and restful. The accumulating dirt and grime comes silently and steals away the beauty. It creates diversion from true sight. We can almost see..but it isn't perfect. Somehow, I do this to myself repetitively. I slowly allow my life to get filled with all sorts of dirt and grime: jealous, bitterness, pride, fear,  loneliness, and many forms of idolatry. I am restless and unable to manage the pressure of all the stress and hardship. Then, simply, I am once again reminded of my true self. I experience the process of  getting cleaned again. It is not me doing the cleaning, though. It is the miracle grace of my Savior that removes all the hindrances and restores me to my true gorgeous and magnificent form I was created to be! I am His. He perfects me, renews me, and purify all my iniquities and deficiencies. And he does this for me! Hourly, daily, weekly, and year after year. Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus...

No comments:

Post a Comment