Well, I suppose it was going to happen sooner than later. Chris told the Facebook world that I am pregnant. Most comments were congratulatory and sweet. A couple people posted the "har-har" jokes of "you-know-how-that-happens-right?" Those people suck. One friend actually came to our defense and said that we make the most beautiful babies and our children are remarkable and the world is a better place because we are raising them so well! (I loved her for saying that!)
Before Chris told the world, I had already told a couple people. My mom was the first. I told her the day I had a positive pregnancy test. One friend found out when I was four weeks pregnant after my 3 year old blurted it out. (I forbade her from telling people.) A lady at church last week asked me straight out if I was pregnant. Since I was at church I felt weird about lying, so I told her. Another friend at church got up in my face and demanded to know why I have been missing church lately. I didn't have the energy to blow her off, so I told her, I was having morning sickness. She immediately told her husband who was standing near her.
So, this morning at church, a lot of people congratulated me. One lady oohed-and-awed over my belly bump. She was sweet, but I was embarrassed. Then, it happened. One lady said to me, "You guys waited a long time to tell people this time." Now, if I was already in the middle of my second trimester, than yes, I would agree with her. But, I was eight weeks pregnant when my husband revealed my pregnancy. But, this rude lady saw my HUGE belly and just assumed I was further along. "No," I said, "I am only nine weeks." Stupid, ignorant, inconsiderate people, who do nothing but stick their nose in my private business are the worst!! One lady asked me about due date. (sigh) People only ask about due dates only when you look big, not when you are in your first trimester. I hate rude people.
No comments:
Post a Comment