Monday, June 24, 2013

Is this laziness ever going to stop?

Deep in my bones, all I want to do is stay in bed and watch TV all day. I am always tired and have zero energy to do anything. I know that that desire is the pregnancy taking over, but I can't help feeling frustrated and depressed by this feeling of laziness. It is not like me to have one bone of laziness, so I feel lost and confused by this sudden bought of laziness. How can I keep going like this? I have six children and all the responsibilities of running a home. My children help out with their chores, but it isn't enough to keep my the house from slowly turning into a pig-sty. I honestly have no clue how to navigate this challenge. When I do get up and moving and try to do housework, I become nauseous and fiercely exhausted. It takes me all day to wash several loads of laundry, fold, and put away. Normally, that would take me an hour to do it all. If I sweep the floor, pick up toys off the floor, wipe the dining room table, or wipe down the bathroom surfaces, I am slower than molasses. Afterwards I have to sit on the couch, put my feet up and take a nap. The only way I feel OK is being still and doing nothing. I keep telling myself that my body is working overtime making this baby, but my brain is saying: MOVE! But, I really, truly can't. Many times, I just lay on the couch and think about all that I need to get done. It's depressing to have no energy and just to stay put. Maybe I should hire a maid? I am grateful for a husband that is oblivious to the mess. He is a blessing and so graceful to me.

The areas that I know aren't "causing" this tiredness and feeling of laziness:

I am not anemic nor do I have blood sugar issues. Blood work is perfect.
I get enough sleep at night and I take naps.
I eat plenty of healthy foods.
I take vitamins.
I drink tons of water.

So what gives?

No comments:

Post a Comment