Wednesday, December 4, 2013

34 Weeks

I still have a breech girl. I seriously doubt she will flip. Call it a mother's intuition. (But, I also feel like I have twins, so my intuition may not be very reliable.) My pregnant body is taxing every part of me. I take one day at a time. I am seeing the Dr. twice a week and having 2 NST's weekly. My sugars are high and if I can figure out how to get my insurance to cooperate, then I will start taking insulin. Right now, I can not afford $500+/mo on diabetic prescriptions.

Having a breech baby is kinda weird. Her head is firmly planted in the top right of my uterus. It feels like a rock is in my stomach, literally. It can be very uncomfortable at times. I tend to stroke her head a lot and play with her limbs as they come swishing up to her face. Sometimes she likes to scoot into a transverse position, but she always pops right back up. There is a bunch of stuff on the internet that suggests how to flip a baby. But, I am not comfortable with sitting on my head, having voo-doo medicine performed, or throwing away tons of money just to try to move my baby. I figured that she is breech for a reason and I really don't want to mess with her. She could have a cord wrapped around her and if I turned her without medical monitoring, I fear that she would die from cord strangulation. So, I am at peace with just letting her be and trusting that God is watching over her. My thought that I have a twin baby may be preposterous, but I can't shake that feeling. I think that a twin is hiding somewhere behind her. Maybe low tranverse or head down. I have another ultrasound in 5 days, so I will seriously ask the tech to REALLY look.

I still have hems, but I am not being controlled by them anymore. They are still painful at times, but I have learned that the less I "baby" myself, the faster they heal. So, I am no longer laying down. I will lay down for a day when I have one that thrombosed, but that happens once every few weeks now.

I have less BH's and I don't have the weird blood pressure/racing pulse issues. In fact, my blood pressure has dropped back down to 110/70 range again. It was up to the 120/80 range for a couple of months. I did pop into L&D once when it went up to 145/100 once. Crazy.

I am not looking forward to the birth, mainly because I really want to avoid a c/s. My Dr hasn't offered a vaginal birth and I'm nervous talking about it with her. I will spend sometime looking into vaginal breech births and try to answer some of my questions.


No comments:

Post a Comment