Monday, February 25, 2013

My hometown is the place I want to be

It is no surprise that I love my hometown. San Diego is and will always be a part of me. Leaving home seven years ago was hard, but since I am a pretty adventurous person and enjoy discovering new and exciting places, I made the best of my years away from home. I plugged right into the culture and hub of the communities I lived in. I made great memories and enjoyed this time away from home. Even when I felt the normal pangs of being in a foreign place, I was patient with the transition of creating a new home. After all these years, however, one thing that never left my heart was the overwhelming need to recreate what I loved most about San Diego in all these new places. I'm not sure how to get over that, or even if I want too. My love of my hometown is so strong that no matter how well I've adapted, no place will ever satisfy my heart the way San Diego does. Truly, this reality is so strong, that I wont even qualify it as a "sickness" that needs to be eradicated. My love of my hometown is not weak, or a sign of spiritual immaturity, because I am not ungrateful or lack contentment. I know that God has given me all I need, and I am not in want of anything. With joy and ease, I can also celebrate that I can admit (without shame or regret), that I want to live my life in San Diego, and no place else. I am thankful that God only want's my life and He will use me no matter where I am. If it really doesn't matter where I serve Him, just so long as I do it with all my love and devotion, following my heart's call to return home will be OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment