Well, we almost got the job. Until, they said they couldn't pay us what we needed. It was a hard blow. We were devastated, but we really trust that all of this is in God's hands. So, we are still plugging away, applying, praying, and waiting...
In the meantime, we are serving at 1st baptist and loving our new church family. I really do like the people and I am so grateful that God brought us there. I even sang with the worship team a couple weeks ago. It was the first time in over a decade that I did that. Chris was so happy!
The paperwork got lost for food assistance, but somehow we are still eating! And, we just got through the "birthday month," without a moment of being too poor to lavish presents on four children. After much prayer, Chris and I decided we will finally tithe, once and fo all. We haven't been tithers. We have been very greedy, stingy, selfish, unfaithful, and stupid with God's money. So, no more! Starting this Sunday, we will be tithing 10% of our Gross pay and trusting how God will help us through this "leap of faith."
Chris is also going to be taking over the bill paying and budgeting. I'm excited to see him lead our family "in fear and trembling!"
No comments:
Post a Comment